Welcome to Serge A. Terekhov Home Page!
Who I am
- 1980 - A.N. Kolmogorov's mathematics and physics school #18
at the Moscow State University
- 1986 - graduate form Moscow Engineering Physics Institute, faculty "T",
specialty "theoretical nuclear physics"
- 1986 - 2000 - work in Russian Federal Nuclear Center - VNIITF, Snezhinsk,
- 1990 - first investigations in neural networks theory and applications (mostly
- 1992 - PhD in Theoretical Physics from VNIITF
- 1996 - Head of Artificial Neural Networks Laboratory, VNIITF
- 2001 - Laboratory relocated to Snezhinsk Technical Physics Institute (Technical
- 2003 - The department of intelligent technologies of Neurok Techsoft, LLC has been established
Author of more than 50 publications (mostly in Russian, see some papers in
English below). Since 1998 I've joined NeurOK TechSoft,
LLC. Now I'm the chief scientific officer of NeurOK Techsoft, LLC (Troitsk, Moscow Area).
My primary research interests are in applications of neural networks, genetic
algorithms and other soft computing and optimization technologies in various aspects of data
mining and data-driven inference. I'm also tracking the progress in associated
software technologies, especially suited for industrial applications.
Projects and Grants
- International Science Foundation (Soros Fund) Grant RBE000, 1994, Principal
- Sandia - VNIITF Contract AI9499, 1995, Project Coordinator
- International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) Project #031, 1994-1997,
- 1993-1999 Neural Networks Theory and Apllications. 4'th grade course
at Snezhinsk Institute of Technical Physics. Course text is available
- 2000 Systems simulation. 4'th grade course at Snezhinsk Institute
of Technical Physics.
- Neural Approach to Gas Blower Simulation. Serge A. Terekhoff, Nely
N. Fedorova, Alyona V. Diyankova, Svetlana A. Diyankova, Andrei V. Kvichansky.
5th WSES/IEEE WORLD MULTICONFERENCE ON Circuits, Systems, Communications &
Computers (CSCC 2001), Rethymnon, CRETE (GREECE) JULY 8-15, 2001. [ps
- Cascade neural networks in variational methods for boundary value problems.
Serge A. Terekhoff, Nellie N. Fedorova. IJCNN, Paper # 422, 1999. [pdf, 63K]
- Parallel MPI implementation of training algorithms for medium-size feed-forward
neural networks. Nellie N. Fedorova, Serge A. Terekhoff. IJCNN, Paper
# 423, 1999. [pdf, 22K]
- Evolving Neural Networks with Genetic Algorithms. S.A.Terekhoff,
E.V.Volenko, A.V.Kvichansky, N.V.Shchukin. Accepted to 3rd International Conference
on Artificial Neural Networks and Genetic Algorithms, Norwich, UK, April 2-4,
- Direct, Inverse and Combined Problems in Complex Engineered System Modeling
by Artificial Neural Networks. Proc. SPIE AeroSense Conference, Orlando,
Florida, 21-24 April 1997. Vol.3077, Paper 71.
- Fractal Properties Of Learning Trajectories In Phase Space Of Multilayered
Neural Network. Poster presentation to 3rd International Working
Conference on Fractals in the Natural and Applied Sciences. (FRACTAL'95),
Marseille, France, February 7-10, 1995. (unpublished).
- Experimental Data Analysis by Neural Nonparametric Methods.
Proc. 2nd IEEE/RNNS Symposium on Neuroinformatics and Neurocomputers.
Rostov-on-Don, 20-23 September 1995. P.337-345. IEEE Catalog Number:
- Static Neuroscheduler for Hypercube Multiprocessor Computer.
S.A.Terekhoff, P.V.Oleynikov. Preprint VNIITF 80, Snezhinsk, 1994
- Artificial Neural Networks In Problems On Control And Safety Of
Highly Dangerous Technologies. S.A. Terekhoff, L.I.Shibarshov, V.A.Lykov,
V.N.Shchukin, V.D.Ptashny, S.I.Samarin. Review of papers, presented
to Joint Russian-US Seminars on Surety Technology, Snezhinsk-Albuquerque,
- On Computer Vision In The Heterogeneous Media. Preprint VNIITF
28, Snezhinsk, 1993
- Hamming Metrics Clustering For Image Compression With Incomplete
Reconstruction. O.V.Diyankov, S.A.Terekhoff. Preprint VNIITF 29,
- Pattern Matching Quality Diagram for Different Metrics. O.V.Diyankov,
S.A.Terekhoff. Proceedings of III-d Zababakhin's Scientific Readings.
Dalnaya Dacha, January 14-17, 1992. P.94
- Estimation of Capacity of Neural Nets of Hopfield Type, Used For
Solving Of Recognition Problem. O.V.Diyankov, S.A.Terekhoff. Proceedings
of III-d Zababakhin's Scientific Readings. Dalnaya Dacha, January 14-17,
- Randomized Learning in Yl - Neural Nets. Proceedings of RNNS/IEEE
Symposium on Neuroinformatics and Neurocomputing. Rostov-on-Don, Russia,
October 7-10, 1992. Vol 1, P 457-466. IEEE Catalog Number: 92THO483-8
- Artificial Neural Networks In Weather Forecasting. O.V.Diyankov,
V.A.Lykov, S.A.Terekhoff. Proceedings of RNNS/IEEE Symposium on Neuroinformatics
and Neurocomputing. Rostov-on-Don, Russia, October 7-10, 1992. Vol 2,
P 829-835. IEEE Catalog Number: 92THO483-8
- Comparison of Metric Algorithms and Neural Networks On Pattern
Recognition Efficiency. O.V.Diyankov, S.I.Samarin, S.A.Terekhoff.
Pattern Recognition And Image Analysis. Vol 2, N 2, 1992. P 139-146
- An Associative Inference Neural Computer With a Randomized Learning
Scheme. Pattern Recognition And Image Analysis. Vol 2, N 4, 1992.